We are excited to announce, new to Natchitoches Central this year, Chief Council!
Chief Council will replace class officers and SGO. They will be ambassadors for the school and represent NCHS at all school activities and community events. Any student with a 3.0 or higher composite grade point average and in good discipline standing is eligible. We would like to encourage any student who would like to make a difference at Natchitoches Central to apply.
What is NCHS Chief Council?
The primary purpose of NCHS Chief Council will be to promote Chief culture and represent Natchitoches Central as ambassadors at all school functions and in the community. They will also make decisions for the student body as well as plan a variety of activities including homecoming week.
Who will lead NCHS Chief Council?
A student council elected executive board will lead Chief Council with the guidance of the class sponsors and council sponsor Mrs. Odom.
How do I apply for Chief Council?
Pick up an application from your class sponsor or Mrs. Odom (Room #138). You will need to return your application to your class sponsor secretary. The sponsor secretaries are listed below:
- Senior: Coats (Room #216A)
- Juniors: Rachal (Room #554 Ag.)
- Sophomores: Glenn-Nelson (Room #252)
- Freshmen: Morrow (Room #250)
What are the requirements for Chief Council?
- Pay class dues
- Seniors: Dunn (Room #253)
- Juniors: Mr. Odom (Room #139)
- Sophomores: Richardson (Room #256)
- Freshmen: Stephens (Room #243)
- Teacher recommendation (Freshmen are not required to have a teacher recommendation).
- Have and maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Positive discipline record (No major infractions)
- Always behave in an appropriate manner while representing the Natchitoches Central Chief Council
How much time will be required?
Council members will be required to meet on club day at school and several events after school or on the weekend. There may be meetings after school to prepare for big events.
Why should I want to be on Chief Council?
- Make decisions for the school
- Participate in school and community events
- Be an ambassador for the school
- Meet great people
- Have fun!!
Can Freshmen be on Chief Council?
Absolutely!! We encourage our freshmen to get involved their first year.
Will I have to be at every event?
Members will participate in all activities sponsored by their graduating class. Members will also be asked to participate in other activities sponsored by NCHS and the community.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to email Mrs. Odom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are so excited to get this new council started and look forward to working with the wonderful students at Natchitoches Central High School!